Download Pre-Patched Pokemon Wally Quest GBA ROM
- Creator: Sofie
- Version: v1.0
- Hack of: Emerald
- Updated: October 17, 2022
Pokemon Wally Quest is a GBA ROM Hack by Sofie based on Pokemon Emerald in English. And it is now available to download. It was last updated on October 17, 2022.
A simple, plot-centric game based on RHH’s battle engine. The story is based on Emerald and ORAS, with additions to the main plotline, a new rival/antagonist, sidequests, and post-game episodes. There is also a bit of a catch-them-all subtheme.
Play as Wally, go out and explore Hoenn, make friends and save the world!
This ROMhack is an alternate reality with Wally as the protagonist.
- Longer pre-E4 plot up to lv85
- Additional rival/antagonist
- Delta and other post-game “episodes”
- Additional side “quests”, mostly to unlock other Pokemon
- Various adjusted NPC dialogue, e.g. daily egg, and berry givers, Professors
Some interpretations based on questions from the mainstream games:
- What if Maxie and Archie had used the correct Orbs?
- What drove the meteoroid toward Hoenn?
- What did Wally’s dad want to tell Wally after the 5th Gym?
- RHH’s Battle-Engine features, such as physical/special split, Mega Evolution, Z-Moves, etc
- All Pokemon, movesets, TMs, and Move Tutors up to Gen VII, up to and including Melmetal
- More double battles. Gym Leader and E4 rematches, as well as some boss fights, will be doubles
- All Pokemon have “perfect IVs”
- NPC opponents have EVs and natures
- Gym Guides offer “battles” for fast leveling
- EV-training NPCs: Unlockable through side events
- EVs used as Contest conditions
- Ability changer in Devon after 5th badge
- Soft level cap
- Other various QoL improvements
- Gen VIII Pokemon
- Alternate patch with type, stat and move changes
- Difficulty improvements (please feedback)
The main Pokemon changes are regarding evolution. I was/am working on an alternate patch with type/stat/move/ability changes, but decided to keep it simple first.
This ROMhack is intended to be Nuzlocke-able with diversity in each replay, although some battles are not friendly. Prof Oak’s challenges are hindered by the soft-level cap, so recommend adjusting the rules based on that. Single-Pokemon runs are not possible in the current version, as a story point requires more than 1 Pokemon in the party.
This isn’t a difficulty hack, but there are measures to raise the difficulty
- This game has unkind re-interpretations of the antagonists (existing Pokemon characters).
- While I believe I’ve avoided sensitive content, some antagonists’ speeches are intended to irk/may be inappropriate to others
- Some creepypasta is referenced.
- The story is dark at times
Tested on mGBA-0.9.3 and VBA-M
- Nintendo and GameFreak for Pokemon Emerald
- Pret for the decompilation
- RHH for the Battle Engine
- -Cancer Fairy
- -Everyone else who’d contributed
- The Pokecommunity forums for their instructions and modifications
- -Slawter666’s dynamic overworld palette + auto-reflection
- -ghoulslash’s Follow Me
- -Pyredrid’s Surfboard
- -Xhyzi for custom introductory screen
- -CyanSMP64 for DPPT, HGSS and BW music
- Padz and ShantyTown/Yenatch for the Porymap Map Editor
- Aveontrainer for multiple overworld sprites (Professors, stat trainers)
- Princess Phoenix for Mega Diancie overworld sprite
- Nephae on deviantart for Zinnia trainer sprite
- Unknown artist for title screen picture
- “Wally Quest” on title screen made with fontmeme.com
- Gen 1-7 Pokemon overworld sprites (various creators) from Reddi